For the General Public
What is STI?
STI (scientific and technical information) is defined as a paper, abstract, journal article, presentation, etc. that contains and delivers the results (the analyses of the data, facts, and resulting conclusions) of basic and applied scientific, technical and related engineering research and development.
The following links provide resources for users who would like to find more information from NASA and beyond.
STI Program Resources
- The NASA STI Repository (NTRS) launch provides access to NASA metadata records, full-text online documents, images, and videos. The types of information included are conference papers, journal articles, meeting papers, patents, research reports, images, movies, and technical videos – scientific and technical information (STI) created or funded by NASA. View search tips for the STI Repository .
- The Public Access initiative increases public access to scientific publications and digital scientific data resulting from NASA-funded research.
- PubSpace launch is the NASA publication repository that collects copies of peer-reviewed publications and associated data from NASA-funded authors and co-authors (both civil servant and non-civil servant).
- NASA’s Data Portal launch is a catalog of datasets generated via NASA-sponsored research to enable researchers to locate and cite datasets and to link those datasets to the scientific literature.
NASA Data and Repositories by Center
Ames Research Center
- Prognostics Center of Excellence (PCoE) Publication Repository launch
- Prognostics Data Repository launch
Goddard Space Flight Center
- Sciences and Explorations Directorate (Code 600) Publications launch
- Earth Sciences Division (Code 610) Publications launch
- Astrophysics Science Division (Code 660) Publications launch
- Heliophysics Science Division (Code 670) Publications launch
- Solar System Exploration Division (Code 690) Publications launch
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- JPL Technical Reports Server launch
- NASA Exoplanet Archive launch
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database (NED) launch
- Planetary Data System (PDS) launch
Other Data Repositories
- NASA API’s launch makes NASA data, including imagery, eminently accessible to application developers.
- NASA Data Portal launch is a catalog of datasets generated via NASA-sponsored research to enable researchers to locate and cite datasets and to link those datasets to the scientific literature.
- NASA Earth Data launch provides Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) data, information, services and tools.
- NASA Gene Lab launch is a comprehensive space-related omics database where users can upload, download, share, store, and analyze spaceflight and spaceflight-relevant data from experiments using model organisms.
- NASA Technology Transfer Program launch ensures that innovations developed for exploration and discovery are broadly available to the public. Search for software, patents, and more.
- openNASA launch is an Open Innovation program in the Office of the Chief Information Officer’s Technology and Innovation Division.
- SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) launch is a digital library portal for researchers in astronomy and physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant.
- SIMBAD Astronomical Database launch a dynamic database provides information on astronomical objects of interest which have been studied in scientific articles.
Explore more data from NASA’s Missions, Research, and Activities on Nasa.gov launch .
Other Links of Interest
NASA Disclaimers, Copyright Notice, and Terms and Conditions of Use